Sunday, July 24, 2016

Smoke in the Sun/ Talking Trees and Drugs


Smoke in the Sun

There is darkness on every edge of town.
Its closing in, making us drown.
These great big buildings, these great big walls.
Their time will come when they to will fall.
The Earth is young and we are so old.
We are bacteria to this planet. We are mold.
Soon plants will again take over these cities.
Some will cry, but there is no need for pity.
Until then lets try and keep it green.
It's pretty hard hiding behind our TV screens.
I cry because there is smoke in my lungs.
No. I cry because there is smoke in my sun.

****************************************************


Talking Trees and Drugs

One more swig of this amber liquid
One more taste of this chalky stone
One more drag of this crystal rock
One more go
One more trip
Don't worry
I have been down this road before
The trees spoke to me
They said everything will be fine
They became my friends
And I miss them now that I am clean
So here I come
Open your branches because
I need a hug
more than 
I need these drugs


So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment